Thanks for visiting my speaking page! As you read you’ll find out what you can expect of me as a speaker, more about me, my speaking topics, what people are saying about me, and how to reach me to discuss your speaking needs.
I speak to a variety of audiences, including schools, professional educational organizations, conferences, Future Business Leaders of America events, Parent Teacher Organization events, churches and nonprofit organizations.
My purpose is to challenge educators to think differently about how they are using teaching. I also challenge students to think differently about how they represent themselves online.
What you can expect
- Prompt, professional response to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal consultation (phone or video conference) prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (Assuming your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, engaging presentation focused on achieving the desired outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to other relevant and helpful resources.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event to make sure your expectations were met. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
Most requested topics
I speak on a variety of topics related to educational technology in the social studies. I will customize my presentation or workshop to meet your organization’s specific needs. My goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
My most requested topics include the following:
Thinking Different About Technology in Social Studies
In this keynote, I challenge teachers to “think differently” about 21st Century teaching and learning in the social studies classrom.
Traditional history classrooms have centered around the teacher as the expert and students learning by wrote memorization. The 21st Century history classroom allows students to become historians by interacting with digital primary sources.
What people are saying
“Dr. Beeghley is able to connect with students on a level they understand and appreciate. I would highly recommend him as a high school speaker.”
“Jim’s passion and dedication to quality education resonates throughout his work.”
Let’s discuss your speaking needs
Thanks again for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Just click on the button below. Someone on my team will get back with you right away.